This update fixes a few important crash and hang issues and will require a computer restart. We also improved malware detection and our behavior blocker, especially ransomware detection and processing of filenames with special characters. Improved processing of firewall rules (Emsisoft Internet Security only), faster loading and processing speed as well are only a few of the many more improvements you’ll find in this new stable update of Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Emsisoft Internet Security.
Here is the full list of amerliorations:
Download now: Emsisoft Anti-Malware free trial.Antivirus software from the world’s leading ransomware experts. Get your free trial today. Try It Now
- Improved: Processing of firewall rules (Emsisoft Internet Security).
- Improved: Processing speed when moving a large number of items to Quarantine.
- Improved: Task scheduler stability.
- Improved: Notification about actions to be taken after malware is found on a network computer.
- Improved: Factory reset feature.
- Improved: Processing of whitelisted items during scans.
- Improved: Uninstaller.
- Improved: Ransomware detection in behavior blocker.
- Improved: Behavior blocker panel processing of filenames with special characters.
- Improved: Malware detection in scheduled scans.
- Improved: Main window loading speed.
And a few important bugfixes:
- Fixed: Occasional crash in the import hosts list dialog.
- Fixed: Occasional hang of the main screen.
- Fixed: Occasional hang after creation of an empty rule in a Firewall Alert.
- Fixed: Incorrect processing of ‘On scan completion’ settings.
- Fixed: Occasional crash when the installer is run with regular windows user account.
- Fixed: Occasional “Terminated by user” entry in the update log.
- Fixed: Installation wizard doesn’t start after installation on Windows XP.
- Fixed: Incorrect “Unexpected internal processing error” notification during update and Anti-Malware Network lookups.
- Fixed: Incorrect “Waiting for component to start” notification.
- Fixed: Scheduled scan (set as: after computer startup) did not start on Window 8.
- Fixed: Occasional EExternalException crash.